Open Call - January 2018
What does this Call for artwork provide?
An opportunity to exhibit at 3rd Street Gallery January 5–28, 2018.
Artwork will be selected by juror Luella Tripp to exhibit in January 2018.
Exposure at an exhibit in Old City Philadelphia, including social media, email, press release and website promotion.
What are the criteria for selection?
All selected artworks must be visual artists, with an active professional practice of at least two years.
The artistic quality of the artist’s submitted work will be based on the submitted images and artist statement.
$35 per entry, up to 3 works per entry.
The applicants will be selected by juror Luella Tripp. Artists will be notified of acceptance by December 18.
Application Deadline: Thursday December 14, 2017 - Midnight
Juror Luella Tripp–curator, gallerist, and art consultant since 2001— will select a top-prize from the exhibited works and 3rd Street Gallery will offer an exhibition to the winner in our annex space in 2018. Date to be coordinated with winner.
- Artists over the age of 18.
- Artists should not be in an undergraduate program. (MFA work accepted.)
- Atwork completed in the last three years.
- 2d and 3d work accepted for entry.
- All entries must be suitably framed and ready for hanging and installation. No work with SAW TOOTH hangers will be accepted.
- All works on paper and photographs MUST be behind glass. No clip frames are permitted.
- All 3D work must be sturdy and stable. A limited number of pedestals are available.
- The applicants will be selected by a pool consisting of 3rd Street Gallery Members.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by December 18.
- Application Deadline: Thursday December 14, 2017 - Midnight
To apply, please have the following ready:
A short statement relating specifically to the works submitted.
(3000 Characters Max)
An up-to-date CV (PDF format)
High quality documentation of each work submitted.
- Artists selected must hand deliver January 2nd or 3rd.
- Shipped artwork must be received by January 2nd.
- Arists selected will be contacted with shipping address. Shipped work must include return post.
- All work needs to be at the gallery by 8PM on January 3 or it will not be included in the show.
There will be a 30% commission retained by the gallery on all works sold. Artists will receive payment within 40 days of the close of the show.
Legal, Copyright & Insurance info:
- 3rd Street Gallery reserves the right to decline any questionable work. All work MUST be for sale.
- As the Gallery strives to make the show look as cohesive and professional as possible, all of an artist’s pieces may not necessarily be hung together.
- 3rd Street Gallery reserves the right to reproduce work for the purposes of
- promoting this and future exhibitiions.
- 3rd Street Gallery assumes no liability for any damages that may occur during this exhibit.
- The Gallery is not responsible for artwork left past January 28, unless arrangements have been made in writing.